EagleMed is part of the Global Medical Response family. With more than 39,000 team members, GMR teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services. GMR was formed by combining the industry leaders in air, ground, managed medical transportation, and community, industrial/specialty, and wildland fire services.
EagleMed has been in business for over 40 years, providing high-quality transport to our rural communities. EagleMed connects critically ill or injured patients with life-saving transport utilizing a fleet of Beechcraft King Air C90B and King Air B200 aircraft. Our aircraft are crewed with a single pilot and two medical personnel and equipped with a full complement of medical supplies & equipment, staffed by highly trained medical personnel.
As a member of our family-based culture, our pilots, maintenance technicians, and medical professionals find meaningful satisfaction in bringing lifesaving air medical services to their communities.
- MEDICAL - GMR offers four different plan options, allowing you to select the right option for you and your family. Our plans cover the full cost of preventive services and include in-network prescription drug coverage. Our high-deductible plans allow you to open and contribute to a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA). We also offer Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), allowing you to set aside tax-free dollars for certain expenses.
- VISION - Our two vision plan options cover exams, lenses and frames, and contacts in lieu of eyewear.
- DENTAL - We offer two dental plans, including a plan that covers orthodontics.
- INCOME PROTECTION - We offer company paid short-term and long-term disability insurance to protect a portion of your income in case of disability or extended illness
- TELEMEDICINE - GMR provides a telemedicine benefit through Teladoc for our employees and their dependents. Teladoc offers convenient phone and video care for many medical conditions for a low, fixed copay.
- RETIREMENT - We offer a 401(k) retirement plan to eligible employees and a company match of 50% of your contributions, up to 8% of your compensation continued. For certain employees who face 401(k) contribution limitations due to higher income levels, we also offer a deferred compensation plan and match. We also offer financial counseling through our Employee Assistance Program and retirement plan vendor.
- SURVIVOR BENEFITS - GMR provides company paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance. In addition, we offer an option to buy additional coverage for you, your spouse and your children at affordable rates.
- VOLUNTARY BENEFIT OPTIONS - We offer a variety of other optional benefits including financial wellness services, legal coverage, identity theft protection and more.
The benefits listed apply to most core non-union positions. Union position benefits are dictated by their specific Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Quality of Life
EagleMed pilots enjoy a predictable schedule, working 12 hour shifts on either a 7/7 or 14/14 (select locations) schedule, rotating between days and nights. Our aircraft and crew are back home to their base most nights, providing a unique benefit to their quality of life, not always found in aviation. There are no standby days or pop-up trips outside of your regular schedule. Opportunities for overtime are available for those that want to pick up extra shifts.
EagleMed provides first-class flight training, using both full-motion simulators through our aviation partners, as well as our own highly experienced flight instructors and check airman to ensure that EagleMed pilots are the best trained pilots.
Minimum Pilot Requirements
- Commercial or ATP AMEL, Instrument Airplane
- 2000 hrs Total Time
- 1000 hrs PIC
- 500 hrs Multi-Engine
- Second class FAA medical
* must meet FAR Part 135 flight experience minimums
EagleMed has provided my family with financial stability, great benefits, and given me the opportunities to watch my daughter grow, attend many school events, and rarely miss a bedtime story. Family comes first and living where I work for EagleMed really maximizes my family time. The 7/7 schedule means I am getting a week off twice a month to spend with family, complete home repairs, vacation, or spend at my leisure. This gives me the chance to save up my earned PTO to use for emergencies, or longer time off.
Jared White, King Air B200 Pilot – Wichita, KS
Whether you are looking to join the EagleMed family as a pilot or an aircraft maintenance technician, there is one thing you can rest assured in: industry leading maintenance standards. With over 100 combined years of King Air maintenance experience, a full staff of maintenance technicians in Wichita, KS, and maintenance technicians at every remote base location, the EagleMed maintenance department works around the clock to ensure fleet airworthiness for dispatch at a moment’s notice. Through virtue of continual on the job training, model specific factory training provided by Flight Safety International, and constant process improvements in-house; the EagleMed maintenance department strives to maintain our reputation as leaders in excellence of aircraft maintenance. If you are looking for a career in aircraft repair and maintenance that is both rewarding and challenging, look no further.
Join our team at EagleMed and become part of the GMR family! We have open positions for mechanics, nurses, medics, and other medical professionals, support staff and more. To apply for a position, visit the GMR Careers page and type "EagleMed" in the Search box.